Northeast India is as diverse as the rest of the country. For those backpackers who are traveling to this region for the first time, might find it little difficult in terms of terrain, language, food, climate etc. So, here is a short and precise guide for them for a smooth trip to this wonderful part of our country. Below is the list.
- A STRONG BACKPACK that can hold enough of your belongings which you will be carrying throughout your journey.
- A SOLID PAIR OF TREKKING SHOES that will be an essential part of your trip for the rough terrain of the region.
- A PAIR OF TREK PANTS that is going to be needed as you travel further east.
- A STRONG UMBRELLA to keep you safe during those unexpected showers.
- LIGHT WOOLENS DURING SUMMER and HEAVY DURING WINTER is a must to wave off that unexpected chill.
- A GOOD RESOLUTION CAMERA is important to capture its beauty or else you will miss on that picturesque nature’s bounty.
- FIRST AID KIT is a necessity when you are trekking through the rough roads.
- A DETAILED ROUTE MAP is of utmost importance as you travel through that unknown terrain.
- MOBILE CHARGER BACK-UP would be needed as most of the region’s countryside have a poor electricity supply.
- A TORCH, A MOSQUITO NET/ REPLIENT, FOLDING TENT, WATER STORAGE FLASKS are few of the things you would not regret carrying into the hills.
11. TRY AND ADAPT THE FOOD CULTURE, as in some regions the food might be completely different from that of what you are used to. So prepare your minds beforehand.
12. INNER LINE PERMITS FOR INDIANS AND PROTECTED AREA PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS are required to enter some of the Northeastern states. So get the information before you travel.
13. HAVE A THOROUGH STUDY OF THE CULTURES OF THE REGION so that you are well informed about the place/state you are traveling to.
Hope the above information would be helpful for you to backpack your next travel plan to this unexplored region. HAPPY TRAVELLING.
FOR RELATED READS YOU MAY CLICK THIS LINK.